Henry Onyekuru confirms rejecting PSG move to join Everton after undergoing medicals in France

- Henry Onyekuru has revealed he rejected a
move to join French League giants PSG in
2017
- The 21-year-old joined Premier League side
Everton the same year in a five year deal
from KAS Eupen
- Onyekuru also confirmed that he already
completed medicals with the Ligue 1 side
before dumping the move to France
Super Eagles winger Henry Onyekuru
was close to joining Paris Saint Germain
but opted to join Everton instead in June
2017.
The Nigeria international joined the
Toffees in a five year deal worth £7
million from Belgian side KAS Eupen.
He was however sent on loan to
Anderlecht after sealing his dream move
to the Premier League outfit two years
back.
According to BBC, Onyekuru admitted he
already completed medicals at the
French club, waiting to sign the papers
before changing his mind about
representing the club.
READ ALSO: Alex Ferguson, Man United
legend, proves Barcelona pitch is bigger
than others
"I did a medical for Paris St-Germain on a
Friday and we had to wait until Monday
so they could make both signings [me and
another player] official ," Onyekuru told
BBC Sport.
Henry Onyekuru
@henryconyekuru
A draw with one of our biggest rivals away
from home. Although we have to share a
point today, the battle is not over and we will
continue on our journey!
2,698 7:50 PM - Apr 14, 2019 ·
İstanbul, Türkiye
172 people are talking about this
"Then I spoke to my friends because I have
some good friends, and I asked if it was a
good idea to play in Paris and they gave
me their opinions .
"I also spoke to my mother and she said
she just wants me to play because I'm
young and still need to improve, and from
there the right club will come .
"So I decided to go with my mother's
advice so I just cut the deal off - just like
that. I told my agent to call PSG that we
are not going ahead with it ."
Onyekuru added that: " The conversation
with my mum helped my decision-making,
so it was to a club with better plans for
my development .
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App
for FREE to get the latest football News &
Scores
"We had Everton before PSG and we all
knew getting a UK work permit was going
to be difficult. But their relationship with
Anderlecht helped a lot in finalising
things .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waec Expo on English theory,obj and answer

10 HOME MADE HAIR TREATMENTS

Messi aigbe is trending on Nigerian twitter after Bercelona's loss to Liverpool