GAY MAN REVEALS HE WAS FORCED BY HIS IN-LAWS TO DRESS UP AS A WOMAN ON HIS WEDDING BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT GUESTS TO KNOW HE IS A GAY

A Gay man has revealed how his in-laws who
couldn't accept that their son was gay made him
dress up in bridal clothes and pose as their son's
bride on their wedding day.
Roy Singh, 29, from Manchester met his future ­
husband when he was 18 at a family wedding and
moved in with his partner's family members after
lying to his parents that he was moving
to London for work.
He recalled: “He started singing love songs to me
and told me I had a beautiful smile. Later he made
a move and we kissed.”
According to him, they started dating in secret as
Roy was afraid his own Sikh family would disown
him if they found out.
He said: “Two years later he asked me to marry
him. I thought this was my very own fairytale love
story.”
Days later Roy received a call from his future
mother-in-law.
“We met up on our own,” he explained. “It was the
first time I’d met her. She said I was very good-
looking and her son had chosen well.
“But she told me that she comes from a big Indian
family and there’s a lot of honour involved. She
said if I wanted to marry him I would have to dress
as a woman on the wedding day. I would also need
to pretend to be a woman for a while to convince
the community her son isn’t gay.”
He added: “I was gobsmacked. I thought, ‘How did
that even come into her head?’ She had even
brought a basket of women’s clothes and gold
bracelets with her.”
He continued: 'Me and his mum would go shopping
for the wedding and she would tell me I was going
to be her best friend.
“Yet she never asked what I wanted. She chose
everything. I couldn’t even pick the date. She just
asked for money so I sold my brand new car and
gave her £9,000 to pay for it all.”
During the wedding at the family’s house, Roy said
he nearly passed out due to fear that the guest
might get to know he's actually wearing a dress.
“She told everyone in the community I was a widow
and an orphan so I had no guests. I was forced to
dress as a bride because they couldn’t accept a gay
wedding.
“This was supposed to be the best day of my life –
it was the worst day of my life. There were 450
people staring at me and only nine people knew the
truth.
“They all kept saying, ‘She’s so beautiful’, and,
‘Does she have any sisters for our sons?’. I was
thinking, ‘Come on, you’re pulling my leg here’.
“My heart was beating so fast. I thought they were
going to find out I was a man. But no one asked
any questions. Luckily I was able to wear a veil for
the majority of the ceremony.”
Roy also claimed that it got to some point, his
mother in law started calling him, her daughter-in-
law and told him he must be seen on high-heels,
full make-up and jewellery.
“My mum-in-law started calling me her daughter-in-
law,” he said. “There was a time when I came
down in slippers, not really dressed. She said I
needed to maintain myself at all times and never
come down again like that.
“I was so confused as it was just me and her in the
house. I kept thinking, ‘Does she not realise I’m a
man and this is fake?’”
Roy said she treated him “worse than Cinderella”,
making him work 18 hours a day doing demeaning
domestic chores.
“I needed to be up at 6am to cook the breakfast. I
had to cook all three meals a day. But I wasn’t
allowed to eat. She would tell me I was too fat and
I wouldn’t pass as a woman.”
Roy whose own parents found out his secret, later
disowned him when photos from the wedding
appeared on Facebook, exposing him as the bride
After nine months of marriage, the 29-year-old said
he left his husband and in-laws and moved on with
his life.
He said: “Sometimes I would look at myself in the ­
mirror and think, ‘Who is this person looking back
at me?’
“I wanted to rip the clothes and wig off. I was
dying inside. Roy eventually left with nowhere to go
and ended up in a homeless shelter.
At first, he was relieved to be wearing men’s
clothes again. But he added: “I felt out of place
when I stopped dressing as a woman. I didn’t know
who I was anymore.”
According to Sun UK, Roy tried to kill himself after
he found out his husband was set to marry a
woman, four months later.
He said: “We would still have conversations on the
phone and I would cry for him. But he told me he
had to marry someone else – and he did it while he
was still married to me.
“Mine was a big lavish love story and it had turned
into a nightmare.
“I put my wedding outfit back on and I went down
to the river and slashed my wrists. I felt like they
made me his wife so I was going to kill the wife. I
wanted to die in that way so they would have seen
me die as his wife.”
A passer-by dragged Roy from the water, took him
to a hospital, also called his parents. “They took
me back home,” he said. “No matter what, when a
parent sees a child in that state it makes them see
they have to stand by you.”
Roy’s ex, who has not been named, said: “Me and
my mum would like to apologise to Roy Lucky
Singh.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waec Expo on English theory,obj and answer

10 HOME MADE HAIR TREATMENTS